Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Celebrating History

Today the Mets announced their plans to celebrate their 50th season. The season-long celebration will include throwback uniforms, commemorative bobble heads, and the return of Banner Day. I can't wait.

The anniversaries that I saw of the 1986 and 1969 Mets were awesome. I was at the game in 2006 when the Mets honored the 1986 team and it was awesome. I cannot imagine how cool the stuff the Mets put together for their entire history will be. I love these celebrations because they bring the entire fan-base together. If we all have one thing in common it's that we love the Mets. Not all fans may love the current state of the Mets but there was something at some point that made them fall in love with this team.

I fell in love with fact that this team doesn't always win and yet they always are able to convince me that they're really trying their hardest. I went through the jump from 2006 domination to 2007 humiliation. And so many other fans did too.

I may not have spent decades of my life rootiing for this team through thick and thin. Heck, my life hasn't even spanned 2 decades yet. But I'm still able to share my love with my dad and many other fans that have stayed with this team for decades. I read and listen to stories from other fans, share my own and hopefully the Mets will provide reason to remember future moments.

1962 - 2012 … and beyond. Let's celebrate!

Let's go Mets!

No comments: