Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'll Have More To Say Tomorrow

Tomorrow the Mets have to set their 40-man roster, adding any players they want to protect from the Rule 5 draft. I don't know who they're going to protect. I would love for Kai Gronauer and Kirk Nieuwenhuis (yes! I can spell his name!) to the roster. They both had injury-plagued seasons but they also both showed they have talent when they play. Kai is more of a question mark than Kirk because it's pretty evident that the Mets will need a real right fielder in the near future but nobody knows what they want to do with their catchers.

I know Kai Gronauer and Kirk Nieuwenhuis are not the Mets top prospects. Their are pitchers and other position players that have higher "ceilings" than either of them. However, Kirk would definitely be of interest to other teams and I don't want to risk losing Kai either.

Let's go Mets!

No comments: