Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Favorite Quote

"I want to thank the BBWAA for this prestigious award. I owe so much to my teammates for their support during the year, especially Josh Thole and Mike Nickeas, who did such a great job behind the plate all season."
R.A. Dickey deserves mounds of credit and congratulations for his Cy Young award.  All of his quotes are eloquent, as he is one of most well-spoken people around baseball, but this one was my favorite.  He never forgets anyone, not even his catchers.  I love seeing the "backstops" get recognition.  After all, their nickname shows just how much of an afterthought they once were.

Thank you, R.A. Dickey, for bringing some joy to a trying season.  And thank you for acknowledging everyone who helped you along the way.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: