Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I Still Exist!

It has been way too long since I have written anything here.  It has also been way too long since the Mets won games consistently and Ike Davis got more than one hit a week.  As long as I pick up my consistency now I can have a better season than the Mets and Ike, right?

Since I last wrote the Mets have basically fallen off the face of the earth.  They only come close to winning once every five games when Matt Harvey starts, and that is only if they manage to score runs for him.  Rick Ankiel and Marlon Byrd have been pleasant surprises offensively which really means the rest of the team needs major help.  The Mets have used about 324783 different outfielders and to everyone's surprise, Lucas Duda has not been the problem.

Sandy Alderson noted that the transitional players brought in to fill gaps have not performed as hoped.  The Mets have a lot of work to do if they want to even be treading water at the All Star Break.  The bullpen has relied on a Pedro Feliciano-level of appearances from Scott Rice and Matt Harvey is on pace to throw a billion innings and have maybe eight wins by the end of the season.  The offense is nonexistent outside of Daniel Murphy, David Wright, and some Lucas Duda.

It is going to be a long season.


As for my relevant minor league happenings this season, Mike Nickeas and Josh Thole are both catching for the Bisons so if I don't find a way to see them I will be a sad girl.  Xavier Nady has my attention again as he hasn't seemed to go more than a day or two without getting a hit and is trying to get back to the major leagues with the Royals.  It was really convenient last weekend when Nady's Storm Chasers were playing against the '51s.  Zach Lutz and Josh Satin are both waiting for the Mets to remember they exist and play 1st base and know how to hit while Ike Davis frustratingly melts away in New York.  Oh and Kai Gronauer has actually gotten some playing time and a few hits for the '51s which is pretty cool.

So I will be here enduring Mets losses, enjoying Indians wins on the side, and following way too many minor league games.  Maybe I'll actually write about some of it!

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: