Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Best In The Game

Ah, it's so nice to be able to look at the Mets and be able to smile.  Of course, I'm talking about SNY and their broadcast team.  Specifically, Kevin Burkhardt.  He joined SNY in 2007, after the departure of Chris Cotter.  At first, I wasn't a big fan, but that didn't last long.  He became my second favorite part of the Mets broadcasts closely behind the random antics from Keith Hernandez.  Kevin always reports from different parts of every ballpark.  I don't think I've ever seen multiple reports from the same area.  He always has something interesting to say.  Every time he reports it's new information, new stats, random facts, even stuff going on off the field.  Sometimes, it's just the random banter with Gary, Keith, and Ron.

Kevin's been so good there was a Daily News story about him.  Read it, or you're not really a Mets fan.  It's a great piece and it mentions Kevin was a fan of Gary Cohen before he worked with him.  I'd give anything to be in the same situation in my future with Kevin Burkhardt.  Just read it, you won't regret it.

But really, what other broadcast team can be identified simply by their first names?

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: