Monday, December 6, 2010

These Are Not The Things I Like To Remember

In some not-really-Mets-related news, the Diamondbacks signed J.J. Putz to a two year deal.  As some of you may remember J.J. Putz spent the 2009 season with the Mets, even though most of the time he was on the disabled list it still counts as spending the season with the Mets.

When I saw the 2-year deal I thought of how the Mets only had him for one year but I didn't remember them only signing him for one year.  It only took a few seconds for me to realize the Mets didn't sign him as a free agent.

I will forever miss Joe Smith.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JJ Putz... the Mets AV department had a really cool entrance sequence for him when he came into games. I wish they had been able to use it more often.

Helen said...

I don't think I'd hate the trade as much if he actually had a chance to contribute. I would still miss Smitty but it's just unfortunate that he couldn't help.