Monday, November 28, 2011

Should I Have Something To Say?

It's almost December, almost time for the Winter Meetings and I have nothing to say. The Mets have in no way started their offseason and besides announcing that they will in fact be celebrating their 50th season, they really haven't done anything newsworthy. However, this is New York and someone is always coming up with some story.

Today that story happens to be about Ronny Paulino. Apparently he was unresponsive when asked to pinch-hit at some point this season. Interesting, I know. But if people think that one moment is why the Mets shouldn't bring him back they should just stop thinking. I could go on for hours with my ideas about the Mets catchers, but I won't. I'll just say that if the Mets don't bring Paulino back it should be because he didn't hit, which is what they paid him to do.

BUT THAT'S NOT NEWS. That's stuff we already knew. This offseason has been slow for every team. But every team doesn't have fans that need stories to know their team still functions. Maybe it's not a bad thing that I have nothing to say. Maybe I just realized that there isn't anything to talk about right now.

Let's go Mets!

No comments: