Tuesday, February 1, 2011

About The Others

It's been a long offseason and some of my favorites aren't on the Mets.  Now is as good a time as any to update on their whereabouts.

Xavier Nady signed a 1-year deal with the Diamondbacks.  He signed before I had a chance to do my annual "Bring Xavier Back" post for the Mets.  Perhaps the best news that came out of this signing (besides the fact that he actually got signed by somebody) is that he'll still be wearing his #22.

As I talked about when it happened, Joe Smith signed a contract with the Indians to avoid arbitration.  He signed well before the arbitration eligible players had to be signed.

Grady Sizemore is continuing his rehab from knee surgery.  He recently resumed baseball activities and seems very anxious to get back on the field.  It will be nice for Grady to finally be healthy again.  It seems like it's been ages since he's played at all.

Mike Jacobs signed a minor league deal with the Rockies with an invitation to Major League Spring Training. Yes, he's still around.

That's about it.  If there is anybody I forgot just leave a comment and I might just add them to this list.

No comments: