Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Because I Just Want To Write

Sometimes I want to open a blank page and write.  In other words, sometimes I want to open a template for a new post and write, but that doesn't sound as elegant or refreshing or like anything fun at all.  But sometimes it's just what I want to do.  I'll open the new post and stare at it for a few minutes, trying to figure out what exactly I should write about.  I try to think of everything happening around the Mets and everything I might have a new perspective on.  Sometimes I come up with something interesting after those few minutes.  There are times I don't even need to think about it at all, and I just start writing.

Now is one of those times I stare at the page and cannot think of anything.  I don't know enough about the Mets finances to talk about next year's payroll or the offers they should make to David Wright and R.A. Dickey.  I could write about roster changes for next season but I'm still not ready to think about the Mets without Mike Nickeas.  I could add to the never-ending list of posts about why Dickey should win the Cy Young award.  I already wrote about the necessity for the Mets to sign Wright.  I could write endless posts about the awesomeness of Mike Nickeas but nobody wants to read that

I so badly want to write but I have nothing to say.  Some people might call it "writer's block" but I look up to the top of this post and wonder if I actually do have writer's block.  I mean, I seem have written plenty.  But have I really written anything?  I didn't say anything about which prospects must be on the 40-man roster before the Rule 5 Draft.  I didn't talk about who should play centerfield for the Mets next season, or right field or left field for that matter.  I didn't put myself in the shoes of Sandy Alderson and systematically explain the changes I would make to improve the team.

Okay.  Maybe it isn't that I can't think of anything to write about.  Maybe it's that I can't think about anything I want to write about.  If I don't want to read it, I'm not going to write it.  The online Mets community has been inundated with all the speculation in the world.  Between the beat writers and the blogs and the twitter world, there is so much I don't want to see any more of.

So instead of writing any of that stuff, I have this.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: