Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Predictions


I would really love it if the Mets won the NL East, the Pirates won the Central, and the Padres won the West, with the Rockies winning the Wild Card.
The first choice is obvious and the Pirates are for Xavier with the Padres for Jake Peavy and the Rockies for Matt Holliday. Of course, if the Mets miraculously acquire Xavier in some trade that does not include Joe Smith or Mike Pelfrey or Mike Nickeas I would chose the Brewers for Ryan Braun.
This spring the Mets have shown that their pitching is strong (at least the first 4 starters) and I think the hitting is going to click. David Wright is due for an MVP award after his MVP-caliber season last year. John Maine has looked better than ever and Pedro looks like he will finally be healthy. Jose Reyes has learned from what happened at the end of last season and of course, we have JOHAN!

In the American League I chose Red Sox, Indians, Athletics, and the Angels in the Wild Card. The Red Sox are not going away any time soon and GRADY is too much to ignore in the Indians. Heck, the Athletics have already won a game so things look bright. It is impossible to forget about the team the Angels have.

Obviously these picks are bad and I am really just rooting for the Mets, Xavier, Grady, and anybody else that I happen to find that also is hot.

If David Wright, Xavier Nady, Joe Smith, Mike Pelfrey, Mike Nickeas, Grady Sizemore, Jake Peavy, Mark Buehrle, Barry Zito, Matt Holliday, and Ryan Braun all magically win the MVP I will be a very happy person.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: