Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's Over

I don't have much to say. My post from earlier basically summed up my feelings. But now the season really is over. And I hate this feeling. There isn't another Mets game this week. Or this year. I feel so empty. The Mets didn't have a decent season by any stretch of the imagination. But it really weeded out who was a real fan and who was just along for the ride. If you can make it through this season, as a fan or a player, you can make it through anything.

Josh Thole ended his first stint in the Major Leagues with a 3-for-4 game. He also caught the Mets only 2 shutouts of the season. Most people are saying he will be at AAA for the beginning of next season. I think Spring Training and what the Mets do about catchers in the offseason will work into his beginning of the season fate. I really want to see him in the big leagues for the majority of the season.

But today goes to Nelson Figueroa. He pitched his first career complete game and it was a shutout and absolutely dominating. At the beginning of the season he was DFA'd and didn't want to come back to the Mets. But he has proven he can pitch and should get a chance in Spring Training. The offseason will say a lot about what his possible role could be going forward.

Angel Pagan was a home run short of the cycle and David had another RBI. The Mets won their last game 4-0 and swept the series from the Astros.

Let's Go Mets!

p.s.
I added a countdown to opening day to the bottom of the page. Only 183 days.

No comments: