Yesterday I went into New York City for my family's annual day of being a tourist and seeing all the holiday stuff set up in the windows and all that stuff. My sister and I got bored so we decided to come up the surefire ways to spot a tourist:
- They say they need to go back to the hotel, or find the hotel, or anything pertaining to a hotel.
- They are carrying luggage.
- Somebody is instructed to look at the tall buildings.
- A foreign language is being spoken.
- They are carry shopping bags from the Nintendo Store, Disney Store, any other themed store, or a GIANT Sephora bag.
- They take pictures of store windows.
- They take pictures in front of store windows.
- They are looking up in the main concourse of Grand Central.
- They wait on the 20+ person line at Starbucks.
- They have a backpack.
- That backpack can be worn on the front of their body, as seen yesterday.
- They exclaim, "Whoa, that's a big tree!"
- You are asked to take a picture of them.
Let's Go Mets!
We also saw a guy in Saks without shoes. Only socks.