Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How To Spot A Tourist

I apologize if this offends anybody, and I say "you're welcome" to anybody who laughs.

Yesterday I went into New York City for my family's annual day of being a tourist and seeing all the holiday stuff set up in the windows and all that stuff. My sister and I got bored so we decided to come up the surefire ways to spot a tourist:
  • They say they need to go back to the hotel, or find the hotel, or anything pertaining to a hotel.
  • They are carrying luggage.
  • Somebody is instructed to look at the tall buildings.
  • A foreign language is being spoken.
  • They are carry shopping bags from the Nintendo Store, Disney Store, any other themed store, or a GIANT Sephora bag.
  • They take pictures of store windows.
  • They take pictures in front of store windows.
  • They are looking up in the main concourse of Grand Central.
  • They wait on the 20+ person line at Starbucks.
  • They have a backpack.
  • That backpack can be worn on the front of their body, as seen yesterday.
  • They exclaim, "Whoa, that's a big tree!"
  • You are asked to take a picture of them.
If I missed anything I am sure my sister will let me know.

Let's Go Mets!

P.S.
We also saw a guy in Saks without shoes. Only socks.

No comments: