Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Well, I'm Happy For Him

Jeff Francoeur has been traded.  His locker has been cleaned out.  He's going to the Texas Rangers.

When I heard the first rumblings of a trade this afternoon I was a little disappointed but I knew it was coming.  Now that it's actually happening, I'm sad.  I liked Jeff Francoeur.  I've liked him since before he was on the Mets and I was ecstatic when they got him.  He always gave everything he had.  There was nothing he wouldn't do for the Mets.  I knew he wouldn't be coming back next year but I was looking forward to watching him for the rest of the season.

Frenchy was always nice to the fans.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw him talk to the fans.  What I saw was him having an actual conversation with the fans.  He wasn't just giving short one or two word answers, he was actually talking to us while signing autographs.

I know he wasn't hitting this year.  Most fans wanted him gone.  At this point in the season I was hoping he would end up staying around.  Alas, he's going to the Rangers.  Hopefully he'll see lots of playoff baseball this season, from right field of Rangers Ballpark.

Goodbye, Frenchy.  I will miss you.

No comments: