Tuesday, December 27, 2011

When You Really Love A Team

Some of you might not know that the Mets are not my only sports team and that baseball is not my only sport. I also love the Rangers. I never played hockey so I don't have the same connection to hockey that I have to baseball but I have grown to really love the sport. And this year I really love the Rangers.

Maybe it's because I went to yesterday's game, but today I have not been able to get enough Rangers. I just want to see and read everything about every player on the team. And I've never felt that before. Not about the 2006 and 2007 Mets that dominated (for the most part). Not about the lovable loser Mets of the last few years. But I simply love everything about these Rangers.

It helps that they're winning. It helps that whatever group of players is thrown onto the ice does the job. And it really helps that the fan base supports all of the players. Unlike the Mets fan base, the Rangers fans look past the small mistakes. Even when the team has hit rough patches during the past few seasons, the fans have found the positives when it looks like there aren't any. They have stood behind the smallest players and continued to have undying love for the biggest players.

The wins mean a lot. But something has to be said when the backup goalie is absolutely beloved.

I've never loved a team this much. I've never had this much confidence in a team. I'm new to this so give me time to fangirl and enjoy it while it's around. If there's one thing I know, the fun doesn't last forever.

So…
Let's Go Mets!
And…
Let's Go Rangers!

No comments: