Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Just What I Needed

It was only one hit and it was just in the first inning. But it drove in the first run of the game and probably took a huge weight off of Mike Nickeas's shoulders. I know I'm just a fan yet it took a huge weight off of my shoulders. I'm being selfish but I needed this game for my sanity.

As for Mike, on a night when four strikeouts required throws to first base it was nice to see him contribute on both sides of the plate. After the game he jokingly said catching the knuckleball will take years off his life. Yes, he was joking but boy did he look relieved during that interview. It was just refreshing to see him smiling after the game.

I think he needed this. And after seeing his reaction to his last at-bat last night, I'm glad his contribution came right away.

It is amazing how 24 hours can change an outlook.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: