Wednesday, February 6, 2008

He's Coming He's Coming He's Coming... He's Here!

Today the Mets held a formal press conference to introduce the latest and possibly the coolest (besides David Wright, Mike Pelfrey, and Joe Smith of course) Met! I did not get see it live because I, sadly, was at school. I did watch it online at mets.com

I was obviously VERY happy when I saw that David was there. He always makes me enjoy my day. I am also very pleased that Johan was very good with his first chance with the New York media. He did well when he was asked the same question over and over and over and over and over and over (I think you get the point) again.

"What do you think of playing in New York?"
"Are you looking forward to playing for the Mets?"
"What are your thoughts on being with the Mets and playing in New York?"

I never really noticed how much reporters influence the recurring answers of athletes. I have a Baseball Bloopers DVD and it has a segment about the "quotes" from post/pre-game interviews.

"It is a long season."
"We are going one game at a time."
"It is not a spring it is a marathon."

The press are the real people causing this. They refuse to ask different questions. (The woman at the Indians caravan had better questions when she asked my Grady if he would go to a dance with her daughter).


Overall, it was really nice to see Johan in the Mets pinstripes. I am looking forward to seeing him pitch his hear out for the Mets this season.

Let's Go Mets!
Six Days!

No comments: