Thursday, February 28, 2008

Goodbye Shawn






Today it has been reported that Shawn Green has retired. I, for one, am very sad to hear this news as I was hoping there was some way possible that he would come back to the Mets. I know he was only willing to make a deal with a team on the west coast, bit I was still hoping.

In my opinion he represented this generation of Jewish players and he never failed to play with class. He always played as hard as he could and there was no underestimating his value as a teammate and all around good-guy. I am sorry I did not get to enjoy him for a longer amount of time. I really found out about him when he was acquired by the Mets in 2006.

Good luck Shawn

"A lot of the job is being a rah-rah guy," Shawn Green told the Times. "We all know how to hit or else we wouldn't be here. Sometimes all we want is to be held and told that everything's going to be all right."

What Shawn eats for breakfast!

Let's Go Mets

No comments: