Sunday, July 4, 2010

Nicknaming The Mets

First off, Happy 4th of July!
Now to the post:

If anybody likes to call baseball players by silly names, it's me.  I love thinking of ways to make the players more playful.  It also adds a personal touch when you're watching the games.  So, these are some of my favorite nicknames for the Mets.  They're not all originally by me, so if you recognize any of your own and want credit, let me know =)

David Wright: David (I tend to be on a first name basis when referring to him), Davey, D-Wright
Mike Pelfrey: Mikey P., Pelf, Big Pelf
Bobby Parnell: B-Parnz, My Favorite
Josh Thole: T-Hole, Joshy, JT
Jeff Francoeur: Frenchy, FranHeart, Frenchy-Face
Ryota Igarashi: Igatushy
Jason Bay: JayBayBay
Chris Carter: The Animal
Henry Blanco: Hank White
Jon Niese: The Nose
Ike Davis: Isaac Benjamin

And that's what I have right now.  If any of you have one, leave a comment and I'll add it to the list.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: