Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Hockey Request

The Hobey Baker Award is given out annually to the top men's collegiate ice hockey player.

From the website:


This year Cornell goalie Andy Iles is up a candidate.  I know you don't all follow hockey but I'm going to throw some stats at you anyway.  As of December 30, Iles 1.82 GAA and a .923 save percentage.  He is 7-4-1 with 5 shutouts and made the USA IIHF World Junior Championships roster as the emergency goalie.  Last year he was the backup for the World Junior Championships.

I can't really explain why I like him because I don't really have a reason.  I guess it's because I saw him as the underdog last year while watching the WJCs and just continued to root for him.  He has had a magical season and it would really be amazing if he just got some fan recognition for this award.

If you have an extra 30 seconds I would love it if you would vote for him.  

Please.

No comments: