Thursday, July 12, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons

It's summer.  It's supposed to be the fun time of year when kids don't have to worry about responsibilities or doing work or anything other than enjoying themselves.  Well, for me it has been anything but what I just described.  The combination of working and not having a computer easily accessible has pushed writing too far back.  And now that I finally have a laptop I just don't know what to say.  Whenever I think of something to say I'm in the middle of doing someone's lanyard or handing out pretzels.

I have basically just been exhausted.

Work is tiring.  Coming home and wanting to write but napping instead.  Making sure I'm up in time to have dinner and watch the Mets game.  Not being tired enough to go to bed right after the game and instead watching an hour of MLB Network before going upstairs.  Getting in bed and realizing that I just spent so much time doing nothing, AKA not writing.

Oh, and realizing a good amount of what I do want to write revolves around feeling like the only that still has faith in my favorite player.  Living out the tagline of this very blog, "Somebody has to like Mike Nickeas" more than I ever thought possible.  Thinking of other things to write but still being lead back to the same place, the same player.  Being paranoid that said player will see everything that is in fact written and then being even more paranoid about him judging you and then feeling stupid for thinking an actual professional athlete might care about what I write.

And realizing I might only be going to one Mets game all summer.  I might see the Mets in person only once and not only do I not know if my favorite player will be on the team at that point, I don't know if I'll get to see batting practice at this one game because of work.  And speaking of being alone in support, reading more and more people trash one of my favorite bands that will be performing after the game and finding it hard to stay excited to finally see them.

It isn't a fun cycle.  There are a lot of lemons in front of me, but I'm going to make lemonade.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: