Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Miss Summer

There's only 39 days until pitchers, catchers, and injured players (meaning the majority of the Mets) report to Port St. Lucie. But that's only in February. I want July.

I want the All-Star voting. I want Gary, Keith, and Ron to discuss which Mets will be heading to Anaheim for the All-Star game. Will Jason Bay be in the Home Run Derby? Not likely, but it's nice to hope. I want to be able to come on the computer at 4:30 and see the Mets lineup. Turn on the TV at 7:00 and see the Mets. I want to take the 7 train and see Citi Field in the distance. I want to know there will be a game that night. David Wright will be in his familiar confines of the 3rd base "territory". Josh Thole or Omir Santos or maybe Bengie Molina will be behind home plate waiting for the fist pitch. Johan Santana or Mike Pelfrey will be waiting on the mound, ready to throw the first pitch. And then it will all start. The first pitch. The strikes, the outs. The hits and the runs from the Mets. Who knows if the wins will come with all that? Right now I don't really care. I just want baseball.

39 days.
Let's Go Mets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't need July -- I'll settle for April. I want to be able to go see baseball games again. :)

Helen said...

April would be nice. But for my sake I want summer so I'm out of school and can fully enjoy baseball.