Monday, January 18, 2010

Let Me Introduce You To My Little Friend(s)

Without baseball season I need something to do. Of course, I have school and my friends but when I'm bored and don't feel like watching the new or popular TV shows (excluding Glee, I love Glee) I need something to do. I have been a very casual football fan since 2007 but then Chad Pennington went to the Dolphins and I didn't have any interest in Brett Favre (even if Joe Smith is a fan). Then the Jets drafted Mark Sanchez and that gave me some more eye candy and a fresh face to root for. But my relationship with football is very on and off. I can't stand the fact that there is 16 games and every one of them can be predicted. Seriously, you can't do that in baseball.

So, I watched some hockey. The first few games I watched were hard to get interested in but the broadcasters kept using baseball analogies so I kept watching. And eventually I started enjoying it. Then I found Henrik Lundqvist. Then Brandon Dubinsky. Then Michael Del Zotto. And I became a Rangers fan. There's something cool and fun about hockey. For one, you are guaranteed at least an hour of playing time. In football the clock is winding down while the players are doing nothing. It's also amazing that people have the ability to play ice hockey. I do get sick of hockey at times when I realize hockey season means it's not baseball season. But there's more games than football and more playing time than football. It's just more fun for me to watch.

Basically, the Rangers have kept me from going completely insane without baseball. But I still miss baseball more than anything and I can't imagine myself ever being more of a hockey fan than baseball fan. Even if the Mets continue making themselves look like fools.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: