Friday, January 22, 2010

My Goodbye To Brian Stokes

I know he wasn't the best reliever the Mets ever had. I also know he wasn't everybody's favorite reliever. But he was one of my favorite relievers. And he is the reason for one of the most amusing batting practices ever.

It was a game in June and it rained before the game so batting practice was a bit modified. The pitchers were stretching in right field. I went over to get pictures and wanted to get the attention of Bobby Parnell or Brian Stokes or anybody else. I'm not usually a loud person I ultimately failed at their attention but my attempts were interesting. I don't really know why I like Brian Stokes but I do. So, I first wanted Bobby Parnell's attention so I decided I was going to say something along the lines of "Bobby! You're my favorite!" and did at a semi-loud level. I also wanted to say something for Stokes. So, Brian became my "second favorite". Of course, these favorites were only for the bullpen. I love Brian but I put Xavier Nady and many others ahead of him. But there was something about that evening that really made me life Brian Stokes. He was fooling around with Pedro Feliciano and just having fun.

I'm going to miss him.

Let's Go Mets!
Good luck Brian!

No comments: