Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mike Jacobs Was On The Mets This Year

I was just randomly thinking that Mike Jacobs was on the Mets this year.  He was the first player I ever really liked, simply because we wore the same number and played the same position.  He was the first player that ever left me upset after a trade.  And he was the first of my departed Mets favorites to return.  Now he's a minor-leaguer for the Blue Jays.

I don't really know what will happen with him.  I'm always going to root for him even though I know he'll probably never be a great, or even good, player.  He's probably going to toil in the minors for a while and maybe get a brief call-up.  He can hit the ball a long way . . . if he makes contact.  I'm not sure of his contract situation for the offseason but I see him staying in the Toronto system anyway.

I guess I'll be happy if he stays in anybody's system.  He'll continue to crush minor league pitching and just never quite figure it out in the big leagues.  Mike will always be my first favorite so of course I'll always be rooting for him.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: