Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It Was A Pretty Cool Season

The World Series starts tomorrow night but my personal baseball season ended a little while ago.  Despite losing seasons by both the Mets and Indians, this season was a lot of fun.

I saw the brief return of one of my favorite players in Mike Jacobs.  The Mets played and won a 20-inning game which ended with Mikey P. getting a save.  I saw Josh Thole and Bobby Parnell play significant roles on the Mets showing they can be a big part of the team's future.  Mike Nickeas became a major leaguer.

I saw Josh Thole's second career home run in person.  I got autographs from Chris Carter, Pedro Feliciano, Hisanori Takahashi, Pat Misch, and Manny Acosta.  I saw Dustin Pedroia at dinner when I was in Boston.  I went to an absolutely amazing minor league game featuring Mike Nickeas.  I fell in love with MiLB.

I saw the Indians play twice in one weekend.  I saw Lou Marson get multiple hits.  I saw Trevor Crowe make an unreal catch.

Sure, a few more wins would have made the entire season more enjoyable, but there is not much more that could've made this season better.  A Joe Smith appearance definitely would've helped.


The greatest part of the season was probably yesterday.  After all of my games were over, my season was not.  In a season where anything seemed able to happen, anything did.

Let's Go Mets!
Let's Go Indians!
Let's Go Baseball!

No comments: