Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm A Big Fan, Too

This is a good piece on Brad Ausmus. And I probably wouldn't be a fan of him if he wasn't Jewish.

“I wasn’t raised with the Jewish religion, so in that sense I don’t really have much feeling toward it,” he said. “However, in the last 10 or so years, I have had quite a few young Jewish boys who will tell me that I am their favorite player or they love watching me play or they feel like baseball is a good fit for them because it worked for me or it worked for Shawn Green or other Jewish players at the major league level.

“It has been a sense of pride. If you can have a positive impact on a kid, I’m all for it.”


I miss having Shawn Green on the Mets. They had 3 Jewish players in 2007 and now they have none. Maybe they could sign John Grabow in the offseason.

No comments: