Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Umm ... The One With The Sequins, Please


Not.  Thank you Major League Baseball.  Thank you for making female baseball fans look like idiots.  Thank you for making us look like we don't really know anything about baseball.  And making us all look like a stereotype.

If you don't know yet, this rant is about MLB announcing they have partnered with Victoria's Secret to come out with a new line of women's clothing. 

I hate it.  I hate everything about it.  The clothing is pathetic.  I would never wear in public, much less to a Mets game.  I wear jerseys to baseball games.  Ones that have the name of my favorite players on them.  As a matter of fact, I'm currently wearing my Joe Smith jersey.  I love wearing jerseys.  I look for reasons to wear them because I don't look particularly good in them.  It would be nice if I looked good in at least one of them.

It would be nice if MLB made jerseys sized properly for women.  I don't mean labeling kids' jerseys as "girls".  When I was 8 years old I looked fine in any jersey.  Even when I was 12 years old I looked fine.    But once girls actually start looking like girls any chance you want to look normal in a jersey goes away.  I want a jersey that is actually for women.  The NHL has it down.  When I got my Henrik Lundqvist jersey my mom and sister noticed it fits me a million times better than any of my baseball jerseys.  Maybe because it's actually made for women.

Fine.  If MLB isn't going to give me a jersey that fits then maybe I can at least get a t-shirt.  Oh wait, I can't.  Maybe I'm wrong but last I checked everything is pink.  I never wear pink.  It's such a rare occurrence that my friends notice when my socks are pink.  Wearing pink apparel means you don't really want to be a fan.  It means you aren't willing to wear your team colors.  You just have be in pink all the time.

Females make up almost half the MLB fanbase.  We deserve the slightest amount of respect.  We show up to the games, maybe we could get some clothing that doesn't have pink, sequins, or hearts on it.  I want something that is actually for women.  Anything.

Let's Go Mets!

Post once again inspired by MetsGrrl.

P.S.
I haven't been blogging lately because I've been a part of the 38,000 Con-Ed customers without power.

No comments: