Monday, April 5, 2010

At Least It's On The Right Day

I know I'm posting late but I had softball and homework and just didn't get on a computer.

First off, I am very happy the Mets won today.  David homered and I survived missing the game.  I turned my phone on during gym to find a txt from my dad saying David hit a two-run home run.  Then, because my gym class is fitness, I got to have my phone with me for the rest of the class.  But, I had to put it away once I got to softball so I missed following the rest of the game on Pitch-by-Pitch. 

I knew Johan would pitch well because he always seems to on Opening Day.  Actually, he always seems to pitch well in general.  He definitely reminded everyone what the Mets were missing at the end of last season.

As for school, I wore my new (kinda) authentic David Wright jersey and everything seemed to go well.  I even got a "Go Mets!" cheer in the hallway from a boy in a Mets shirt and cap.  Of course, I was prepared for softball and wore a Mets t-shirt under my jersey.  I also wore my Mets cap until I had to take it off to put on the catcher's mask at practice.  BTW, the mask today was way too small and I felt like my face was being squished.  We couldn't get our equipment because the gym was locked so I had to use the equipment my coach has for the 11-year olds. 

Overall, it was a good day.  I don't even mind the fact that I got hit in the knee by a hard ground ball. 

Tomorrow and Wednesday and Thursday I have softball games so I don't know how much I'll be able to post.  But even if I don't you can still enjoy the fact that baseball season has started.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: