Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's Like Going To School On Christmas

The Mets season starts tomorrow at 1:10 PM.  Chemistry class starts tomorrow at 1:08 PM.  Thanks to the fact that I have a phone with internet I can follow on MLB.com.  It won't be the same without actually being able to see what's going on but at least it's something.

The problem is, if the Mets do something really good.  If Mike Jacobs or David Wright or Jason Bay or Jeff Francoeur hits a home run, I'm in trouble.  That's when I have the urge to jump out of my seat screaming "YES!" and people look at me like I'm a freak. 

It's one thing being at work or someplace else where you have the ability to listen to the game.  It's another when you're sitting in class trying to pay attention to chemistry.  It's hard enough to focus when there's nothing else going on.  It's going to be Opening Day tomorrow and I'm going to be a mess.

Last year I somehow got through Opening Day without losing my mind.  I'm not sure how or why but I do know that last year all of my classes were a lot more fun.  I also know that I got to come home and watch the second half of the game.  This time I'll be at school and then softball right after school.  I'm never going to be able to figure out why last year was so easy for me.  Maybe it was school break, maybe I was just better at not caring.  But this is like being at school during Christmas.  I need to be with the Mets.

I'll update tomorrow as soon as I can.  It won't be too early but it will definitely be here.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: