Sunday, April 18, 2010

"The Time That We Spent, Trying To Make Sense Of It All"

Mike Jacobs was designated for assignment by the Mets today.  Jake.  My first favorite.  We all know who he is.  He hit his first major league home run and his one hundredth.  He even got a hit in the 20th inning last night.  And now he's gone.  He didn't get off to the best start but neither has Jason Bay.  The Mets had to make room for another relief pitcher after yesterday's game.  I enjoyed watching the game yesterday.  Had I known it would lead to the last of Mike Jacobs I would have taken a nine inning loss.

I know not many people liked Mike Jacobs.  I know most fans were sick of him when he was brought here to hit home runs and he didn't.  But that doesn't mean I can't be upset about his release.  One of my favorite players was just released by my favorite team.  I don't care who you are but even if your favorite player sucked I would understand if you were upset by their release.  I was 11 years old when he became my favorite.  I didn't go for the flashy players as my favorite.  I went for Mike Jacobs because he caught my eye.  We shared #27 on our uniforms and first base in the lineup.  I also felt my first real disappointment with the Mets when he was traded. The feeling when he came back to the Mets was amazing.   I just expected him to get more of a chance.

Hopefully somebody will pick him up.  Right now I say even the Phillies.  The thought makes me sick but I just want to see him play.  I want him in a Major League uniform.  I still believe in him.

Let's Go Mets!
Let's Go Jake!

No comments: