Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm Going To Miss Ramon

I'll have stuff about last night's game later along with pics.

On the way home from the game last night I heard Ramon Castro was traded to the White Sox for RHP Lance Broadway. I'm really going to miss Ramon but I also see the good news. Now, if Brian Schneider or Omir Santos can't catch Mike Nickeas is one place closer to getting a chance. Right now he is still on the DL in AAA but I know he can work his way back and maybe play better and show the Mets he can hit and be a big league catcher. So, I know the next catcher the Mets would call up is Robinson Cancel but Nickeas has to be after that. Right? Thole doesn't have enough catching experience to be called up just yet. So, as much as I am going to miss Ramon, this puts Mike Nickeas that much closer.

BTW, when I try to picture Ramon in a White Sox uniform I only picture their mascot.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: