Friday, June 1, 2012

The Conflict

I wish I had been writing more recently. I wish there was a way for me to write how I feel about certain situations in the Mets world without my opinion being thrown away because of certain players I like. That is my conundrum.

As an aspiring journalist I know I should be writing based on facts, trying to be reasonable and disregarding any bias. As a Mets fan I know it is impossible for my writing to be unbiased. I know I can't simply put aside which players I am pulling for, which ones I have put way too much time and energy rooting for to just push to the side. As a human being I know that however much anyone tries to write unbiasedly it is truly an impossible task.

I want to say what I think about the Mets catchers but I won't. That is one topic I know I am too personally invested in to push my opinions on others. Of course, if anyone wants to know my thoughts that position can change.

There are other things I can write about. There are other things I will write about. I just have to wrap my head around the catcher situation first.

As always . . .

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: