Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tough As Nails

During the marathon bottom of the ninth Mike Nickeas took a foul ball under his mask. He fell onto the home plate umpire, who called the trainer out of the dugout. Mike ultimately stayed in and finished out the game.

But now here I go worrying. At the end of the postgame show Chris Carlin said Mike's reaction would be on SNY's general recap show. I have nothing else to do so I've been watching for over an hour and there hasn't been anything. I don't want to get ahead of myself but I also wouldn't expect Nickeas to skip out on his postgame interview unless he really couldn't be there.

Hopefully the foul ball didn't hurt him too much. He stayed in the game so I thought he was okay.

I'm probably the only one worried about this/the only one who cares. I'm also probably turning this into something bigger than it is.

I just worry, okay? I want Mike to be healthy.

No comments: