Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hi. I Like David Wright.

David Wright is batting .350, has an OPS over 1.000, has gotten on base in almost half his plate appearances, and has almost 40 RBI. He not only deserves to be an All Star, he deserves to be recognized as one of the best players in the game right now. Every possible statistic is off the charts and the Mets would not be nearly as good as they are without him.

Look at that! I recognized all of that while still being a girl! I didn't mention his smile or his butt or his personality. I like David Wright, I am a fan of David Wright, but I would like to believe I am not a David Wright fangirl.

(As I write this he just smacked a double to right field, raising his batting average over the .353 it was coming into the at-bat.)

When I was eleven years old and just becoming obsessed with baseball I was in the population that fantasizes about marrying David Wright. However, thy was seven years ago. I grew out of that and I like players for more than just their smile. David Wright is one of those players.

I admit, I may have stayed Wright-obsessed had he not been so popular. I also know that one of the reasons he is so popular is because he is so good. He does have his share fangirls but so does every superstar. Saying his fans ruined him is stupid. Nobody ruined him because he is awesome right now. David Wright is so successful right now that I do not think it is possible to overrate him. Over-hyping any player is annoying but David deserves it all right now.

You know what is the best about his season? It is that he is doing so well that fanatics and fangirls alike have a reason to be excited. The fanatics get to see him produce more than ever an the fangirls see him having fun.

I like David Wright. I don't love him. I don't want to marry him. I just want to see him kill the baseball and man the hot corner at Citi Field.

Let's all enjoy this season and support the unofficial captain of the team and . . .

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: