Sunday, February 28, 2010

Just Like The Pros

I always love seeing the major leaguers doing drills that I recognize from softball.  At 3:10 of this video they are working on when runners are on first and third base.  If the runner on first takes off on the pitch there are a number of different things that could happen.  As a catcher, I absolutely hate this drill.  It leads to working on run downs (which are also hell) and all of the catcher's throws have to be absolutely perfect.  There is so much going on in this situation but so much of the pressure is put on what the catcher does when they get the ball.  This is definitely the situation I dread the most during the game.

I just thought it was really cool that the Mets are doing the same drill I did all of last season in softball.  It's good to know they are working on situations that come up in every level of the game.

Let's Go Mets!

You can also watch the video right here:


No comments: