Sunday, February 7, 2010

We're Almost Down To Single Digits - ST Countdown

11 days. It's gotten to the point when baseball is so close I just want to skip the next week and go straight to when players start arriving at camp. I can't imagine how I ever got through December and January when it was too early to countdown and football (ugh) season was in full swing. Just 11 more days and we will be seeing pictures of all the players again. Joe Smith, Mike Pelfrey, David Wright, Grady Sizemore (with his clothes on), Josh Thole, Ian Kinsler. I could go on for hours.

But today we will find players who wear #11. Here we go:

Brian Dopirak wears the number for the Blue Jays. I'm only mentioning him because he has the same birthday as David Wright, David Cook, and David DeJesus. But, his name's Brian so he's not as special.

Anderson Hernandez. That's who wears #11 for the Mets. Not too exciting. He probably won't be in the big leagues for much of 2010, if at all. Unless #7 gets injured again. But unlike #15, #7 seems like he wants to play again.

I think the only talented player to wear #11 is Ryan Zimmerman. Hopefully the rest of his team isn't too talented so the Mets won't end up in the gutter in 2010.

Brad Hawpe also wears #11. So, I take back what I said about Zimmerman being the only talented player with the number.

Well, that's all for today folks. It's almost time to pack up and head down to Port St. Lucie (not that I'm going).

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: