Thursday, March 12, 2009

Because Tonight I Will Be Watching Baseball


Sorry about the lack of a post yesterday but I had procrastination issues (that sounds kinda gross) and when I was planning on posting I realized I hadn't done my homework.

Ok, so, well, let's see how many other intro words I can use. But really, ok, (I'm going to start the actual content now) Johan is going make his first Spring Training appearance tonight and I'm going to watch. I don't have any homework so I don't have to worry about the procrastination. I really don't expect Johan to pitch like the pitcher we all know he is. This is his first in-game appearance and he needs time just like anybody else would. I will probably get bored by the 4th inning, or so, and then I will change the channel and think about the days when I know the games mean something. It's called the regular season. It's still like far away but it's not really that far away. The WBC will keep me amused while I am waiting. But, the weird thing is, the WBC is the reason we have to wait so long for the season to start.

In math today I was talking baseball with this boy I always talk baseball with. He's a Yankee fan but it's okay because he is the only one that understands my obsession with baseball. After math I had to go to the nurse to get my card that will let me try-out for softball and I was talking to this other boy and we had a really intense conversation about the intense conversations I have about baseball during math. It was actually kinda funny at the time.

But, back to the real baseball. Jerry Manuel said when the regular season starts Jose Reyes will go back to the leadoff spot in the lineup. Good. He has the ability and potential to become the best leadoff hitter in the game, if you don't already consider him the best. Luis Castillo just doesn't fit in the leadoff spot for this team. I've come to terms with the fact that the Mets are giving him a shot at 2nd base but passed that I don't want him to have a big role on this team. Jose has shown that he is the leadoff man and didn't do anything to lose that position to a player on the tail-end of his career.

Mike Pelfrey felt better yesterday and is on track to make the start on Saturday. After that he would be on track to make the second start of the season. YAY!

I'll try to update tonight on my thoughts about how Johan was, if not I'll have a post up tomorrow.

And I know the picture has nothing to do with the post but it's a cute pic.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: