Friday, March 20, 2009

When You're Good, You're Good

Yesterday Mike Pelfrey pitched like he wanted me to start the Cy Young campaign again. He went 6 innings and gave up only 1 run. I am very proud of him and if he continues to progress he will have another very good year. YAY! Mikey P!

As for practice today, I would say I did pretty well. We played a scrimmage and I went 2-for-2 with a home run. I also made an unassisted double play at first base. And then at the end we played kickball and I was picked first for my team. So, I'm in a pretty good mood except for the fact that I have practice at 8 tomorrow morning.

Back to the Mets. Jon Niese was sent to minor league camp today. I'm hoping he gets a chance to pitch at Citi Field at some point this season even though he won't make the opening day roster. Nick Evans, on the other hand, looks like he is going to make the opening day roster. He will most likely go down once the Mets need a 5th starter but something could happen and he could stay up. If he hits the way he has in Spring Training during the limited at bats he will get at the beginning of the season then I definitely think the Mets should consider keeping him up.

David cracked his left big toenail in the Team USA vs. Venezuala game to determine seeding. He was hopping around the entire game. He says he originally thought it was broken. Thank goodness it isn't. Hopefully he will be okay for the rest of the WBC and mostly for the Mets.

That's all for now I guess,
Let's Go Mets!

1 comment:

AHutch said...

niiiice to both your HR awesomeness and mikey p's pitching awesomeness.

yeah, i'm looking for major improvement this year, seeing as i only had two hits ALL LAST SEASON (for cryin' out loud, i did better in gym this year! i did better at the batting cages on 60mph!)

and i hope wright's toe is ok. team USA has enough injuries as it is.