Saturday, March 7, 2009

I Can't Do Anything With You Tonight Because I Died

That was one of the excuses I was thinking of telling my friend after she called asking me to go to some weird band night thing at my town's teen center. Watching team USA finish the game against Canada was torture. I guess this is the warm-up for Mets fans as well as the players. It was worse realizing that JJ Putz is on the Mets and I am likely to go through this multiple times during the season. The entire game was a back and forth tug-of-war between the teams.

Canada took a fast 1-0 in the top of the first inning but team USA quickly came back to tie the score. In the top of the 2nd inning Joey Votto hit a homer off of Jake Peavy and I started to think wearing my Jake Peavy jersey wasn't worth it. But the USA fought back and in the end they won 6-5. Adam Dunn hit the decisive 2-run home run in the 6th inning. JJ Putz almost gave up the lead in the 9th but only gave up one run and stranded the tying run on 2nd base.

It was weird having the USA as the home team even though the game was in Canada.


I'm just playing mind games:
Well, I realized Bruce Chen is pitching for Panama and in the MLB Bloopers video there is a segment about him wanting his own 'I Live For This' commercial. So, I go "Bruce Chen: I live for this" and Carlos Delgado was batting for Puerto Rico so I go "Carlos Delgado: I can't hit" and then of course he goes and hits a monster home run.

Let's Go Mets!
USA! USA!

No comments: