Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Slightly Pathetic French Project

I'm not going to post the project because it's a powerpoint presentation and because it's entirely in French. But I think I did a pretty good job for having to find an artifact representing sports in Quebec in 2 nights. I decided to bring in baseball cards of the Expos. I just went through my baseball card binder and took out 9 Expos cards (well, really 7 Expos, 1 Mets Gary Carter, and 1 Dodgers Eric Gagne because he was born in Quebec). Did you know that in French Gagne means "to win". Eric hasn't really done much of that lately.

A-Rod is maybe going to have surgery. (I know I could have used real grammar in that sentence but this is the one place where nobody is grading me on my writing so I'm not going to.) The best thing for Mets fans in the state of New York, living with Yankee fans is for A-Rod to start the season without having surgery but having surgery in the middle of the season after irritating the injury.

The Mets won today with a 9th inning comeback and won 3-2 against Italy. John Maine said he felt uncomfortable with his delivery and felt like he had a different delivery on every pitch.

David Wright hasn't done well in the team USA exhibition games. He's gone hitless in a bunch of at-bats.

Tomorrow the Mets are at the Cardinals so I won't be able to watch on TV after my half-day of school. But I'm probably going out for lunch anyway.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: