Saturday, September 12, 2009

My All Time Team

If I were to put together a Mets team based on players I like I don't think they would be very successful. But they would all be decent players and they all respect the game. So, I decided I would make a 25 man roster of my favorite players that have played for the Mets at some point in their career. Some of the players are currently on the Mets and haven't had a long career in the MLB, but I am not basing this team on success.

C- Jerry Grote
1B- Daniel Murphy
2B- Tim Teuful
3B- David Wright
SS- Jose Reyes
LF- Cliff Floyd
CF- Cory Sullivan
RF- Xavier Nady

SP- Mike Pelfrey
SP- Ron Darling
SP- John Maine
SP- Johan Santana
SP-Bobby Parnell

RP- Joe Smith
RP- Brian Stokes
RP- Billy Wagner
RP- Pedro Feliciano
RP- Chad Bradford

Bench: Josh Thole, Shawn Green, Jeff Francoeur, Damion Easley, Keith Hernandez, Mookie Wilson, Ryan Church

Those certainly aren't the best players the Mets have ever had. But they are the players I would root for.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: