Thursday, September 3, 2009

To Prepare You For Josh

Excuse an random typos in this post. I'm listening to 'I Still' by the Backstreet Boys and have found myself typing the lyrics instead of what I want to say.

I have found a couple of articles about Joshua Michael Thole since his call-up. Obviously I'm excited about his debut today. I find it cool that we are both learning catching at the same time. Even if they are VERY different points of learning. I like Josh because from all of everything I've read about him, he plays hard. He doesn't give up at-bats and doesn't worry about hitting home runs. He hits for average and grinds out at-bats, to keep battling with 2-strikes. His defense obviously needs some work but his caught-stealing percentage isn't bad, having it around 30%. But he can only improve with playing time and practice. He isn't going to fit into the starting lineup over night. Being a catcher obviously requires getting to know the pitching staff and the rest of the league.

There isn't really a lot we can take out of his debut today, but it'll still be fun to watch.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: