Friday, September 25, 2009

"Oh oh oh how was I supposed to know..."

"...that you were oh oh over me I think that I should go..."

The Mets are lucky to have Jeff Francoeur. I have long since gotten over Ryan Church and am really enjoying everything that Jeff Francoeur brings to the team. Even when he isn't hitting as well as we know he can, he is smiling and bringing another level of intangibles to the club. If it were up to me, I would give him the rumored 3-year deal. Everyday he is happy and chatting with someone. Even the fans. And tonight, he was chatting with an umpire. I just don't want to lose a guy like him. Imagine how much fun he would be to watch when the Mets are winning.

David passed HoJo for the most games played at 3B for the Mets. I didn't get to see HoJo play so it's cool that I see the next generation of the Mets. I really can't imagine the Mets without David Wright. Maybe it's my irrational attachment to him, but it just won't seem like the Mets when he eventually leaves. Of course, that won't be for a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very long time.

And right now I can't really focus on anything because I feel really bad for Jon Lester. I hope he'll be okay.

Let's Go Mets!

No comments: