Saturday, April 26, 2008

Just When We Needed It The Most

I am sure some people will look to see what the Mets still have to be able to do to be a winning team.  But I am not going to do that.  This is the first Mets win for a few days and I am not going to waste it by complaining about Heilman or Delgado or anybody else.  I am glad the Mets got to Tim Hudson who is the top pitcher on the Braves.  David also snapped the hitless streak and stole a base and scored a run.  The Mets had a nice inning in the 3rd when they scored 4 runs.  David had 1 of his 2 hits then and Ryan Church had a 2 RBI double.  That is when the Mets scored 4 runs that they finally didn't give back.  Even though it was only 5 innings John Maine did a nice job and the bullpen held the lead.  Aaron Heilman gave up 1 run and Feliciano, Sanchez, Schoeneweis, and Wagner held the Braves in check for the rest of the game.  I had a good feeling about this game last night after the loss and I am glad the Mets won it.  I like what I saw today if not for the only 1 inning of scoring.

We need another win tomorrow!
Let's Go Mets!

No comments: